After a one-year break due to the Covid-19 pandemic the joint summer school of the Graduate Center BioEngineering and the research training group GRK2274 “Advanced Medical Physics for Image-Guided Cancer Therapy” is back in a new format.
This year, joint summer school will take place virtually in the afternoons from September 27th-30th.
We are happy that the following speakers will present their work:
- Alena Buyx, TUM and Deutscher Ethikrat, title tbd
- Pedro Gómez, Orbem, on "From Doctorate at GCB to TUM spin-off Orbem"
- Marc Kachelrieß, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, on "Advances in CT Image Formation"
- Anna Kreshuk, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, on "Machine learning for microscopy image analysis"
- Tobias Lasser, TUM, on "Algorithms for biological and medical imaging"
- Franz und Daniela Pfeiffer, TUM & LMU, on "Dark field imaging for Covid-patients"
- Loic Royer, Chan Zuckerberg Biohub, title tbd
- Julia Schnabel, Helmholtz/TUM, on "AI-enabled medical imaging"
- Johannes B. Woehrstein, DEOXY & LMU, title tbd
Besides these exciting talks, the program contains meet-the-speaker-sessions, poster sessions, as well as a workshop on the topic “How to stay sane during a doctorate – mental health strategies for you and your surrounding”. Also, networking and teambuilding won’t come short – be prepared for some fun and entertaining program in the evenings.
For more details on the program and the event space visit the summer school's webpage: https://www.bioengineering.tum.de/promotion/gcb/grk2274-summer-school-2021
The summer school is primarily open for GCB and GRK2274 doctoral candidates and faculty. If you would like to participate and are not affiliated with GCB or GRK2274, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration page: https://www.bioengineering.tum.de/promotion/gcb/grk2274-summer-school-2021